In 1724, William married Mary Gamble, a native of County Derby, Ireland. They emigrated from Ireland to New England around 1728, settling first in Pemaquid, Maine, and in 1735 moving to what would become Warren, Maine.
William and Mary had five children:
- Margaret, b. presumably in Ireland, married 1) Hugh Scot; 2) Dr. Daniel Locke; 3) Stephen Peabody
- Hugh, b. in Ireland, lost at sea
- David, b. 1736 in Warren, married 1) Mary McClintock; 2) Mrs. Elizabeth Langdon
- Thomas, b. 1738 in Warren, married Rebecca Lewis
- William, b. 1743 in Warren, married Abagail Fisher
William died in Dedham on 8 Mar 1769. His widow returned to Warren, Maine, where she died in 1786.
My descent from William Starrett:
- William Starrett and Mary Gamble
- Col. Thomas Starrett and Rebecca Lewis
- Nancy Starrett and John Kirkpatrick 2d
- Jabez Bradbury Kirk(patrick) and Abigail Faulkner
- Silas Kirk and Sarah Sukeforth
- Chester F. Kirk and Mary Milliken Hodsdon (my paternal grandparents)
(Note: This post is in response to Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge at No Story Too Small.)
- Greenleaf Cilley and Jonathan P. Cilley, The Mount Desert Widow: Genealogy of the Maine Gamble Family (Rockland, Maine: Knox County Historical and Genealogical Magazine, 1895), p. 131; digital images, Internet Archive (http://archive.org/details/mountdesertwidow00cill : accessed 5 Mar 2012).