My retirement project is the continuing pursuit of those often elusive Downeasters, New Englanders, Islanders, and Quebeckers that populate my family tree. Pine Trees and Pedigrees chronicles my genealogical explorations, primarily in Maine.
My major family lines (the four grandparents) include:
- Kirk (originally Kirkpatrick), in what is now Knox County, Maine
- Hodsdon (or Hodgdon), in Oxford County, Maine
- Murphy, immigrants from Prince Edward Island to Coos County, New Hampshire
- Rabideau (originally Robidas), immigrants from Quebec to Coos County, New Hampshire
- Sukeforth (originally Suchfort), in what are now Knox, Lincoln, and Waldo Counties, Maine
- Rand, in Oxford County, Maine
- McIntyre, on Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Woodward, in Vermont and in Coos County, New Hampshire
I also keep a sporadic non-genealogy blog called Just One Damned Thing After Another.