Nehemiah Washburn was born on New Year's Day in 1743, in Bridgewater, Plymouth County, Massachusetts. He was the third of six children of Noah and Mary (Staples) Washburn.1
|Children of Noah and Mary (Staples) Washburn born in Bridgewater, Mass.|
On 29 March 1770, Nehemiah married Ruth Egerton in Bridgewater.2 She was born 8 November 1747 in East Bridgewater and died 19 November 1836 in Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts.
|Marriage of Nehemiah Washburn and Ruth "Eggarton", 1770|
Nehemiah and Ruth had one one child that I know of, Jeremiah, born ca 1770 or 1771.
I haven't found a date of death for Nehemiah, but it was before 19 November 1836, as Ruth was described in her death record as the "relict of Nehemiah Washburn."3
My descent from Nehemiah Washburn:
- Nehemiah Washburn + Ruth Egerton
- Jeremiah Washburn + Hannah Orcutt
- Samuel Orcutt Washburn + Mary Palmateer
- Mary Washburn + Uriah Sawyer Woodward
- Eva May Woodward + Peter Louis Rabideau
- Glenna Marie Rabideau + William George Murphy (my maternal grandparents)
(Note: This post is in response to Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge at No Story Too Small.)
- “Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988,” database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 21 Dec 2014), Bridgewater > Town Records, with Births, Marriages, and Deaths > image 1102 of 1466, p. 379, birth of children of Noah and Mary Washburn.
- Ibid., image 1005 of 1466, p. 190, marriage of Nehemiah Washburn and Ruth "Eggarton," 1770.
- Ibid., Northampton > Births, Marriages and Death > image 729 of 2680, p. 471, death of "Ruth relict of Nehemiah Washburn," 1836.