|The Outer Hebrides of Scotland|
Rose Ann McIntyre's lineage has been traced back to Domhnall Mac An t-Saoir (Donald McIntyre), born about 1745 on South Uist. He married Mairead Domhnallach (Margaret MacDonald), also of South Uist, in say 1770. It's uncertain when they emigrated to P.E.I. – in fact, it's possible that Donald may have died on South Uist before Margaret and their children emigrated, in which case his son Angus would be my immigrant McIntyre ancestor. There is no record of Donald on P.E.I. beyond Margaret's 1851 burial record at Saint Mary's Roman Catholic Cemetery in Indian River (Lot 18), P.E.I., in which she was called the widow of Donald McIntyre. If he did in fact emigrate, he must have died before 1798, as he does not appear in a census taken that year.
Children of Donald McIntyre and Margaret MacDonald, probably all born on South Uist (possibly incomplete, order uncertain):
- Donald McIntyre, d. between 1854-1860, married Mary Morrison
- Angus McIntyre, b. say 1785, d. between 1840 and 1851 in Barbara Weit, Lot 19, P.E.I., married Ann [Hanna] Gillis
- John McIntyre, married Flora Campbell
- Catherine "Peggy" McIntyre, b. ca 1785, married Donald McLellan
My descent from Donald McIntyre:
- Donald McIntyre + Margaret MacDonald
- Angus McIntyre + Ann Gillis
- Neil McIntyre + Mary Ann McLellan
- Rose Ann McIntyre + Dominic Murphy
- William George Murphy + Glenna Rabideau (my maternal grandparents)
(Note: This post is in response to Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge at No Story Too Small.)
- Marshall K. Kirk, “All McIntyre, Gillis, & McLellan Baptismal Entries from Registers of St. Andrews, Lot 37, 1809-10; St. John-the-Baptist, Lot 17, Miscouche, 1817-30; & St. Augustine, Rustico, 1812-24. Collated by families & with additional data from the register of St. Mary’s, Indian River, 1838-1860; gravestones; census listings; etc.”, undated typescript, Marshall K. Kirk Research Files, privately held by Kathy McCracken, Virginia Beach, Virginia.