Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome to Pine Trees and Pedigrees!

Pine Trees and Pedigrees is about my genealogical exploration of my family: primarily in Maine, but also in New Hampshire, Vermont, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec.

My major family lines (the four grandparents) include:
  • Kirk (originally Kirkpatrick), in what is now Knox County, Maine
  • Hodsdon (or Hodgdon), in Oxford County, Maine
  • Murphy, immigrants from Prince Edward Island, Canada, to Coos County, New Hampshire
  • Rabideau (originally Robidas or Rabida), immigrants from Quebec, Canada, to Coos County, New Hampshire
Stepping back a generation to my great-grandparents, I also follow the additional lines:
  • Sukeforth (originally Suchfort), in what are now Knox, Lincoln, and Waldo Counties, Maine
  • Rand, in Oxford County, Maine
  • McIntyre, on Prince Edward Island, Canada
  • Woodward, in Vermont and in Coos County, New Hampshire
Come along as I search out my pedigrees among the pines!

Gravestone of my great-great-grandfather Jabez Bradbury Kirk, Newcomb Cemetery, Warren, Maine

2 comments:

Pam Seavey Schaffner said...

Welcome to the genealogy blogosphere! Great start! I've been blogging for about 3-4 years. Stop by! http://diggingdowneast.blogspot.com/

Heather Wilkinson Rojo said...

Welcome to genealogy blogging. We have a group "New England Geneabloggers" over on Facebook. If you are on Facebook, please join by "liking" our group, and join in on the conversation and support. We also meet up in person a few times a year, and at national conferences, so even though you are in Virginia you can participate!
My name is Heather Rojo, and I have a blog at www.nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com