|1840 U.S. census, Washington, Lincoln County, Maine, Simon "Sucforth" household |
(also Henry, Edward, and William "Sucforth" households)
Children of Simon Sukeforth and Jane Miller:2, 3
- Thomas Sukeforth, b. 1834, married (1) Sarah A. Sprague, (2) Sarah A. Norwood
- James Llewellyn Sukeforth, b. ca 1834-38, married Eliza M. Clapp
- Sarah C. Sukeforth, b. 1838, married Silas Kirk
- Mary C. Sukeforth, b. 1845, married George H. Chadwick
- Addie E. Sukeforth, b. 1846, married Lyman B. Weever
- William A. Sukeforth, b. 1850, married Mae Isadora Moolekamp
- Franklin M. Sukeforth, b. ca 1851-52, d. 1875 unmarried
- Lawrenton M. Sukeforth, b. ca 1854-56, married Abbie H. Clark
|Gravestones of Simon and Jane (Miller) Sukeforth and son Frank, Maple Grove Cemetery, Washington, Maine4|
My descent from Simon Sukeforth:
- Simon Sukeforth and Jane Miller
- Sarah C. Sukeforth and Silas Kirk
- Chester F. Kirk and Mary M. Hodsdon (my paternal grandparents)
(Note: This post is in response to Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge at No Story Too Small.)
- 1840 U.S. Census, Lincoln County, Maine, Washington, p. 51 (stamped), unnumbered line 19, Simon “Sucforth” household; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://search.ancestry.com : accessed 8 Jun 2012). Edward and William are probably two of Simon's brothers; Henry might be another brother, but more likely is an uncle (a brother of Robert).
- 1850 U.S. Census, Lincoln County, Maine, Washington, p. 576 (penned), dwelling 296, family 296, Simon Suckforth household; digital image, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : accessed 14 Apr 2012). The first six children are enumerated in this census.
- 1860 U.S. Census, Knox County, Maine, Washington, p. 37, dwelling 281, family 292, Simon Sukeforth household; digital image, ProQuest, HeritageQuest Online (access through participating libraries : accessed 14 Apr 2012). Thomas and Sarah had both married and left home by the time of this census, and the last two children had been born.
- Maple Grove Cemetery (Washington, Knox County, Maine), gravestones of Simon Sukeforth, Jane (Miller) Sukeforth, and Frank M. Sukeforth, read and photographed by the author, 14 Aug 2012.
- “Maine, Death Records, 1617-1922,” database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://search.ancestry.com : accessed 14 Dec 2012), entries for Lawrenton Sukeforth (1907) and Addie E. Weever (1915); both list parents as Simon Sukeforth, born Washington, Maine, and Jane Miller, born Friendship, Maine.