Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestral Birthplace Chart

Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun challenge this week is "to create a five or six generation ancestor chart that shows your ancestor's birthplaces." Having seen a number of these charts posted by various geneabloggers over the past couple of days, I had already prepared one earlier today – so I have a ready response to his challenge (click on the image for a full-size view):

The Down East Genealogist's Six-Generation Ancestral Birthplace Chart
Although I have several blanks, and a number of "tentative" birthplaces, in the sixth generation, I included it anyway because of its added diversity – my father's stolidly Maine line is, after all, pretty boring in terms of birthplace diversity right through my great great grandparents, and even my mother's line only gets across the pond with the 3x greats. The birthplaces with a ? appended are almost certainly correct, though I don't have any documentation yet, and the unknown birthplaces of four 3x great-grandmothers are very likely the same as that of their respective spouses.

A fun exercise indeed!

No comments: