On 17 July 1808, Jacob married Sally Huston in Hollis, Maine.2 They had six children:
- John Hodsdon (1809-1882), married Adeline Greene
- Jane Hodsdon (1810-????)
- Isaac Hodsdon (1812-1890), married Abigail Greene (sister of Adeline)
- Betsy Hodsdon (ca 1814-aft 1880), married Matthew Tobin
- Nancy Hodsdon (1819-1905), married James Severance
- Sally Hodsdon (1825-1894), married Hiram Gilcreas
Jacob Hodsdon died in March 1879. He is supposed to be buried in the Pressey Cemetery in Byron, but I was unable to locate a gravestone for him there in 2013.5
My descent from Jacob Hodsdon:
- Jacob Hodsdon and Sally Huston
- Isaac Hodsdon and Abigail Greene
- Silas Marchant Hillman Hodsdon and Kate Maria Rand
- Mary Milliken Hodsdon and Chester Frank Kirk (my paternal grandparents)
(Note: This post is in response to Amy Johnson Crow's "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks" challenge at No Story Too Small.)
- “Maine, Birth Records, 1621-1922,” database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 27 Apr 2012), Jacob Hodsdon, 1787.
- "Maine, Marriages, 1771-1907," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org : accessed 16 Sep 2014), Jacob Hodsdon and Sally "Whoson", 17 Jul 1808; citing FHL
- 1830 U.S. census, York County, Maine, Hollis, p. 173 (penned), first unnumbered line, Jacob Hodsdon; database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 16 Sep 2014).
- 1840 U.S. census, Oxford County, Maine, Byron, unpaginated, twenty-fifth unnumbered line, Jacob Hodsdon; database and digital images, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 28 April 2012).
- Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 20 Sep 2014), database and digital images, memorial # 89094319 for Jacob Hodsdon (unknown-Mar 1879), created by Robert Hodsdon (25 Apr 2012); citing Pressey Cemetery (Oxford County, Maine). The photo added by Tammy Nosek actually shows the gravestone of Jacob's grandson and namesake, Jacob Hodsdon (1836-1921).